Posts Tagged ‘Craft & Design’
This latest issue contains the following features along with many other new pieces including announcing the launch of the 2009 Craft & Design Selected Awards!
- Wally Gilbert talks about his Tipping Point as a silversmith and metal worker
- Sue Holdaway, Reclaims, Reuses and Recycles glass, transforming it into unique jewellery and homeware
- Jeff Soan talks about his Journey into Craft, from Toy Maker to Wobbly Wood
- Ones to Watch at One Year On
- The Yorkshire Sculpture Park is a great Place to Visit, with gardens and galleries to enjoy
- In this issue’s Face of Craft interview we talk to Rachel Gogerly, designer maker and Chairman of the Guild of Enamellers
- Andrew Arditti takes a slightly different slant on craft photography
- Poppy Porter looks back at 2008 in the final instalment of her Diary of a Craftworker
- This issue’s Last Word comes from gardening and homecraft expert Sarah Raven as she creates a festive sparkle
craft&design is an exciting and vibrant magazine all about British Crafts, with 100 pages of up to the minute features and down to earth information. Developed from Craftsman Magazine and now in its 25th year, craft&design is published by a small family business run by Angie & Paul Boyer. They have worked the UK craft industry since 1981 and have a wealth of knowledge as publishers, designers, makers and event organisers. More than anything, they have a sincere passion to help people working in crafts to earn a living from their skills – be it makers, gallery owners, designers, exhibition and event organisers. craft&design magazine is a must for people interested or involved in British Crafts – each colourful issue is sounding the trumpet for British makers!
This issue now in only £5.95
This arrived at the end of the week and it is another great issue so hurry on down to get your copy soon. There are a few Crafts magazines Mar/Apr left and even less Craft & Design so if you haven’t picked up your copy of either of these yet don’t leave it too long before you do. I met Kerry Williamson at BCTF last week, her work is featured on the cover of Craft & Design and I hope to have some of her quirky, functional ceramic tableware in Heart this year. She was having a great show and did think being featured on the cover had helped her enormously.
Mar/Apr editions of Crafts and Craft & Design arrived this week and they both look interesting issues. However, Craft & Design remains my favourite again as it really does concentrate on discovering the best of British Crafts and its articles lure you in to a tempting new world.
In this issue there are four pages on the British Craft Trade Fair, my favourite show held in Harrogate next month, and I am pleased to see that this includes images from 5 of my current makers alongside makers I would love to showcase in Heart Gallery later this year.
These magazines tend to sell out quite quickly so be sure to bob down soon to buy your copy – well worth having.